We’re hugely proud of the prominent role we play within the local community. This is very important to us. We want to do everything we possibly can to improve people’s lives. Here are a few examples:
- Our Coaching Programme is open to all.
- Our FREE weekly Junior Aces Club gives children from all backgrounds the chance to enjoy tennis for FREE.
- Our Children’s Holiday Camps are open to all.
- Our ground-breaking sponsorship deal with McDonald’s provides FREE tennis to hundreds of local schoolchildren. This major sponsorship deal with McDonald’s Rutherglen Franchise covers the cost of our Coaching Team delivering an expansive schools tennis programme on a sustained, long-term basis.
- With the help of GB Paralympian, Kevin Simpson, we launched a new Wheelchair Tennis Class at our Open Weekend in March 2016 and this is proving very successful. This is allowing players from all walks of life to enjoy tennis regardless of disability. The support we received from the Tennis Foundation in subsidising our new Wheelchairs has been a big factor in this.
- Our partnership with Fuse Youth Café offers children the opportunity to play tennis at a local club and upskills their workforce allowing them to deliver tennis sessions year-round. This partnership was nominated for the “Most Innovative Physical Activity Programme” prize at the 2016 Scottish Sports Futures Awards.
- We run regular Schools Tennis Festivals at RLTC as part of the McDonald’s sponsorship deal which gives hundreds of children the chance to play tennis.
- Local Nursery “ACE Place” regularly use our courts. We’re working with them to up-skill their staff so that they can lead fun tennis sessions for all their children.
- Our Open Weekends, Fun Days etc. give people regular opportunities to play tennis for FREE.